[open-data-manual] ODM proof-read

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Fri Jan 27 14:26:16 UTC 2012

Moving this on list :-)

On 27 January 2012 13:16, Laura Newman <laura.newman at okfn.org> wrote:
> Hi Rufus,
>
> I've finished the ODM proof-read - well worth doing as virtually every page
> had an error (mostly minor, missing words/spelling mistakes, but best
> avoided!).

Great work! We're now nearly there for the manual's v1.0 release!

> There are some outstanding issues noted in the etherpad:
> http://okfnpad.org/opendatamanual-proofread

I've gone through and fixed all of these.

> In particular, 'Tell the world' trails off mid-sentence and needs to be
> completed, 'Getting folks in a room' refers to examples but then doesn't
> give any, and I suggest you may want to proof 'File Formats' yourself as I
> corrected several language errors, but am not confident on the technical
> content.
>
> Also, I couldn't find the source text for the glossary on GitHub. Based on
> the online ODM this definitely needs editing - could you point me in the
> right direction?

https://github.com/okfn/opendatamanual/blob/master/source/glossary.rst
-- note that nothing shows because this is not normal restructured
text but if you hid raw or edit you will see the source.

Rufus

--
Co-Founder, Open Knowledge Foundation