[open-government] collaborative tracking of OGD issues (was: no subject)

Daniel Dietrich daniel.dietrich at okfn.org
Mon Aug 16 14:16:26 UTC 2010

Hi all,

Am 16.08.2010 um 15:26 schrieb Jonathan Gray:

> Excellent suggestion Brian (all: see below for context)!
>
> At the moment we track competitions and catalogues, but would also be
> great to have a more general open data 'initiatives' list, including
> info on whether central, regional local, etc.
>
> Daniel: might you be interested in starting this off on the basis of
> the material we've already collected?

This would definitely make sense and I am happy to work on this. I am not too happy with the solution of maintaining these lists as google spread sheets as they tend to get a bit messi once they get polluted with data.

> Ultimately would be good to publish all this on opengovernmentdata.org
> in some nice, open, easy-to-reuse form.

Agree - so we are looking for a nice "display" solution and a easy to edit and open "edit" solution

> Also would be good to
> represent this info on a map! ;-)

This would also definitely be a nice feature. I will dig into this and try to come up with an easy to implement solution. Recommendations welcome.

Best regards
Daniel