No subject

Sun Dec 12 18:29:16 UTC 2010

"The meaning of =91open government data=92 and the purposes they serve will=
 have
to be re=ADexamined from an
Indian perspective.   The reasons that work well in the United States and
the United Kingdom may not work
well in India.  We also have to be very careful about how we imagine the en=
users of open government data.
Do we visualize open data as being for the benefit of individual middle
class citizens by helping them consum=AD
ing the (processed) data themselves (with bus routes, for instance), or do
we visualize them as being for the
benefit of the poor, and thus target target NGOs?  Do we visualize them as
being hackers or as laypersons?"

All the best

Tim

--=20

http://www.timdavies.org.uk
07834 856 303.
@timdavies

Co-director of Practical Participation:
http://www.practicalparticipation.co.uk
--------------------------
Practical Participation Ltd is a registered company in England and Wales -
#5381958.

--0016367fb6d9049c36049acfdcb6

ort, which I don&#39;t think had been flagged up on this list.=A0</div><div=
open-government-data-report">http://www.cis-india.org/advocacy/openness/blo=
g/open-government-data-report</a></div>

 and the purposes they serve will have to be re=ADexamined from an<div>

Indian perspective. =A0 The reasons that work well in the United States and=
 the United Kingdom may not work</div><div>well in India. =A0We also have t=
o be very careful about how we imagine the end users of open government dat=
a.</div>

e class citizens by helping them consum=AD</div><div>ing the (processed) da=
ta themselves (with bus routes, for instance), or do we visualize them as b=
eing for the</div>

p://www.timdavies.org.uk" target=3D"_blank">http://www.timdavies.org.uk</a>=

actical Participation Ltd is a registered company in England and Wales - #5=
381958. <br>

--0016367fb6d9049c36049acfdcb6--