[open-government] sign-on letter

Toby Mendel toby at law-democracy.org
Fri Dec 17 11:49:27 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I am working with some other groups to protest a case in the Cayman
islands where someone is being threatened with prosecution for
criticising the legislature for amending the FOI law in secrecy. We
have drafted the attached letter and are asking groups to consider
signing onto it.

I realise that this is a bit outside the parameters of the normal work
of this list but I hope no one will mind.

We really want to get this out in sufficient time to be relevant, ie
before the Christmas break. We are therefore asking people to indicate
they will sign on by end of day on Monday and we will send out
Tuesday. I realise this is very short, but hopefully we will get a
respectable number of signatories.

Please just reply directly to me if you do agree to sign on (toby at law-democracy.org
).

Thanks, Toby