[open-government] Fwd: opendata.ge

Jonathan Gray jonathan.gray at okfn.org
Thu Dec 23 22:32:29 UTC 2010

Interesting!

http://www.opendata.ge

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Karin Christiansen <karin.christiansen at publishwhatyoufund.org>
Date: 2010/12/17
Subject: [open-development] FW: [foianet] opendata.ge
To: open-development at lists.okfn.org

In case of interest.

Karin

From: foianet-bounces at lists.foiadvocates.info
[mailto:foianet-bounces at lists.foiadvocates.info] On Behalf Of Giorgi
Kldiashvili
Sent: 17 December 2010 4:38 PM
To: 'Helen Darbishire'; 'FOIAnet'
Subject: [foianet] opendata.ge

Dear Friends and Colleagues

Institute for Development of Freedom of Information (Georgia) has a
pleasure to inform you that yesterday we had a presentation of our new
web-site www.opendata.ge that was created under the project “Public
Information Database”. Project is supported by the Open Society
Georgia Foundation.

An on-line public information database can become one of the effective
tools for increasing transparency and accountability of the government
sector. Its ability to frequently update information could be viewed
as yet another way of the public control. An on-line resource database
of public information will enable the population of Georgia, press and
media means, non-governmental and international organizations to
observe tendencies of the freedom of information dissemination in a
real-time format as well as conduct an on-line auditing of different
agencies' operations, proposals, use of budget funds, dynamics of
growth and other subjects. An on-line public information resource
database have an advanced search option that is structured based on
the list of public institutions and thematic topics.

The database covers a wide range of topics and  incorporates public
information resources of government institutions. In each thematic
section of the website we will display public information released by
different government agencies – public officials' asset declarations,
budget, state programs, payroll funds, announced auctions and tenders,
statistics of the public information release, premise and reserve
funds of various inter-agencies, financial statements of executed and
proposed projects, staff employee ratio, expenditures, projects
planned or executed by the government agencies and other information.
The user will be able to locate needed information in the relevant
thematic bloc as well as by pointing the concrete government agency.

The first disclosure of monthly premiums and other financial
information of Georgian governmental officials had a serious reaction
from Georgian society and became a subject of an active discussion .

We will be happy if you visit our new web-portal www.opendata.ge and
share your opinion with us. To see the statics of responses from
governmental bodies on our FoIA requests please visit the following
link:  http://www.opendata.ge/?cat=statistic_of_project&topic=33&lang=en

Best,

Giorgi Kldiashvili

Giorgi Kldiashvili

Director

Institute for Development of

Freedom of Information

4, A. Machavariani (Aragvi) Street, Apt.1.

0179, Tbilisi, Georgia

+99532 996364

+99532 368808

info at idfi.ge