[open-government] Open Data hackathon outputs

David Eaves david at eaves.ca
Thu Dec 2 00:10:23 UTC 2010

Hello open data hackathon organizers,

One or two additional thoughts.

1) I had a call today from a reporter at the daily press (the new Ipad
only progressive "newspaper" being started by Murdoch). They would love
to hear of visualizations and projects that get off the ground on
Saturday with an eye on writing about them. Please do let me know what
if anything you get up to as I'd love to connect you with him.

I suspect there will be more media like this - my goal is to connect
media to people actually organizing the events and the developers whose
projects get off the ground... so please, do let me know!

2) I'll be sending out an update to the Vancouver group tomorrow via my
blog and mailing list - please do feel free to use it as a template...
(both Montreal and Ottawa have both sent out theirs in case you can't
wait! - they are fantastic reference materials and I can forward you the
emails if you let me know you are interested.)

Hope everyone is excited.

cheers.
dave