[open-government] Kroes speech - no visionary concepts at all

The Innovation Magazine innovation-navigator at chello.at
Wed Dec 15 16:05:53 UTC 2010

Dear fellows, Szia Csaba,

1. Governance is an issue of trust and not of technology.
The current clash between wikileaks and governments exemplifies that.

2. Demand side: even top ranked countries as Austria realised
that some applications are used by less than one percent.
Plenty of potemkin villages around the globe.

3. Ancient societies did follow a more sustainble concept and were
inspired by a thrilling vision.

So time will come to re-think these concepts, but in fundamental terms.

kind regards,

Gerhard

On 15.12.2010 14:27, Csaba Madarász wrote:
> Yeah! Great point finally! Let's see the reality!
> A bit more detailed plans can be found here:
> http://pep-net.eu/blog/2010/12/15/egovernment-action-plan-citadel-statement-and-eci-regulations/
> http://pep-net.eu/files/2010/12/jhe-2010Dec15-101239.pdf
>
> Csaba
> 2010/12/15 stef <stefan.marsiske at gmail.com
> <mailto:stefan.marsiske at gmail.com>>
>
>     kroes mentions an eu-wide data.gov <http://data.gov>
>
>     On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 12:33:10PM +0100, André sent:
>     >
>     http://europa.eu/rapid/pressReleasesAction.do?reference=SPEECH/10/752&format=HTML&aged=0&language=EN&guiLanguage=en
>     <http://europa.eu/rapid/pressReleasesAction.do?reference=SPEECH/10/752&format=HTML&aged=0&language=EN&guiLanguage=en>
>     >
>     > Neelie Kroes Vice-President of the European Commission
>     responsible for
>     > the Digital Agenda My vision for eGovernment, and how to make it
>     real
>     > "Lift-Off towards Open Government" conference Brussels, 15
>     December 2010
>     > Reference: SPEECH/10/752 Date: 15/12/2010
>     >
>     > SPEECH/10/752
>     >
>     > Neelie Kroes
>     >
>     > Vice-President of the European Commission responsible for the
>     Digital Agenda
>     >
>     > My vision for eGovernment, and how to make it real
>     >
>     > "Lift-Off towards Open Government" conference
>     >
>     > Brussels, 15 December 2010
>     >
>     > Potential of eGovernment: for the economy and society
>     >
>     > I think we are all aware that the economic crisis and demographic
>     > changes are forcing Governments to rethink how they operate. At
>     the same
>     > time hundreds of millions of citizens not only depend on public
>     > services, they also want a new and more interactive relationship
>     with
>     > their governments. These dual pressures make it inevitable that
>     > governments must make smarter use of ICT; the real question is
>     how and when.
>     >
>     > Our job is to make it known that smarter spending does not have
>     to mean
>     > getting less. ICT can actually transform and improve public services
>     > while materially reducing government debt burdens. The role of the
>     > Digital Agenda is to support this holistically by getting rid of
>     > barriers to successful eGovernment.
>     >
>     > Indeed, within the Digital Agenda, our eGovernment objectives
>     should be
>     > amongst the lowest-hanging fruit. I say should because
>     eGovernment is
> [...]

************************
Gerhard Wagner

1. THE INNOVATION MAGAZINE: PDF-Magazin fuer CEO und CIO

2. Interessenvertretung fuer e-Publishing, eCommerce, Content Industries (Gen-Sekr)

3. Dachverband fuer die Zivilgesellschaft (EU- wie CEE-Region)

4. Lektor, Juror, EU-Evaluator: Open Data, Informations-Maerkte, Osteuropa, Public Affairs

1010 Wien, Tel: 0676-36.9.36.10 (7-22h)innovation-navigator at chello.at

Tip: Pfiffige Location fuer einen Event bzw Vortragsabend (Ihres NGO bzw Instituts)
Sektor 5 - aufgebaut von Karin Ruthard und Yves
1050 Wien, Siebenbrunnengasse 44 (Ecke Spengergasse)
www.sektor5.at   (ein co-working space auf 300 m2 mit Design-Schmankerl)