[open-government] How to open up local government data

Tim Davies tim at timdavies.org.uk
Thu Jul 8 14:18:03 UTC 2010

Hey Chris

The Open Data Scoreboard focus on the license is definitely the key one for
now I would think: as license is an issue distinct from format.

The 'stars' as it were will tend to be on a dataset-by-dataset basis.
E.g. an authority may have one dataset as linked data, and one only
available in Excel.

It might be useful though for authorities to think about asking authorities
to be clear with particular datasets when they are 'working towards' further
stars, of when, at present, no such plans exist...

Tim