[open-government] Session proposal for OGD camp 2010

m.kaltenboeck at semantic-web.at m.kaltenboeck at semantic-web.at
Tue Oct 19 17:20:10 BST 2010

Dear all,

as pointed out at the OGD camp website (http://opengovernmentdata.org/camp2010/)
we would like to propose a session for the camp - please let me know if this
is possible and if you need additional information / how the procedure is etc - many thanks
in advance!

We are working on a Open Gov Data project with REEEP - the Renewable Energy
and Energy Efficiency Partnership (http://www.reeep.org) - in this project we A) publish the
energy data/information of REEEP and reegle.info (Energy Gateway for RE & EE - http://www.reegle.info)
as Linked Open Data (LOD) as well as B) we consume Linked Open Data from the cloud to enrich
the reegle.info data in the form of mash ups...

The information we publish (and enrich) is: Actors (information about stakeholders in the clean energy sector - worldwide
- see: http://www.reegle.info/actors/), country information (policy & regulation reviews - http://www.reegle.info/actors/)
as well as a renewable energy & energy efficiency SKOS thesaurus.

The 'reegle LOD session' will offer a short presentation and (if possible) time for discussion:

    • Idea & vision of the project
    • Conceptual design & procedure (of publishing OGD/LOD)
    • Overview technical implementation
    • Licensing issues of publishing the reegle.info data
    • Some words about the mechanisms of PR and communication of the OGD/LOD project
    • Status, next steps & outreach (consuming more data from the cloud)
    • discussion / Q & A

Looking forward to receiving some feedback on this session submission / proposal / idea - would be great to have this
session together with lots of interested people in London @ the camp

regards!

Martin

--
| Martin Kaltenböck, CMC
| Managing Director - Semantic Web Company (SWC)
| Lerchenfelder Guertel 43, A - 1160 Vienna, Austria
| Tel +43.1.402 12 35 - 25 | Fax +43.1.402 12 35 - 22

COMPANY INFORMATION
| http://www.semantic-web.at
| http://blog.semantic-web.at
| http://www.zukunftsweb.at