[open-government] Conf - Open Gov West - 13-14 May 2011 - Portand

Steven Clift clift at e-democracy.org
Mon Apr 18 21:58:03 UTC 2011

Spread the word. Looks like a great conference. I'd be there if I could! - Steve

See:
http://www.opengovwest.org

Open Gov West is a two day conference at the intersection of
technology, civic engagement, and open government.  From across North
America, governments, nonprofits, technology companies, and civic
organizations converge to hear from leaders who have launched
innovative, cost-effective projects.  Speakers like Tiago Piexoto, of
The World Bank, delve into emerging opportunities like participatory
budgeting and innovative open government projects, some coming from
small towns like Langley, Washington (using a WordPress site to build
budget transparency) and Albany, Oregon (who has implemented
award-winning technology), serve as valuable case studies for
conference participants. OGW is unique because of the number, and
quality, of speakers at the conference.  We'll have over 60 speakers
on day 1, with many of them hosting discussions and training sessions
on OGW's day two.  Even better, as an OGW participant, you have the
opportunity to present on issues your government/organization is
wrestling with---and get valuable, free feedback from experts and
peers who attend Open Gov West.

Hosted in Portland, Oregon, on May 13th and 14th, OGW is the open
government conference to gain valuable insight, develop new
partnerships, and leverage other government's lessons to open and
modernize your government. Government passes are just $123, when
purchased in bulk (five or more), or $135 for single government
tickets.  Includes breakfast, lunch, snacks, a Friday night social
event, and a pack of discounts to Portland area dining and activities
valued at $600.  The conference venue & hotel, The Jupiter, has an OGW
rate of just $99 a night for a single room, $119 for doubles. OGW can
assist attendees in booking rail for just $55 roundtrip, on Amtrak
Cascades.  Email opengovwest at knowledgeaspower.org, or find us
@OpenGovWest for details.

We hope to see you there!

Gary Pollack