[open-government] OKCon 2011 Submission deadline extended

Daniel Dietrich daniel.dietrich at okfn.org
Sat Apr 30 14:22:41 UTC 2011

Dear all,

As you might know, we're busily preparing the schedule for this year's OKCon, which is going to be in Berlin on the 30th June and 1st July.

We have had quite some people asking to extend the deadline for submission. So here is your chance: Submissions will be open until Mai, 9th at midnight.

	http://okcon.org/2011/submit/

If you have something interesting but *really* can't make it to this deadline please contact us at okcon at okfn.org - we might make an exception.

If you haven't already seen it you can check out the Call for Participation

       http://okcon.org/2011/cfp/

I'm also writing to say that we'd really like you (yes: you!) to come! Registration is open at:

	http://okcon2011.eventbrite.com/

All the best,
Daniel

Following is a sneak preview of Speakers and Programme (please note this is not jet all confirmed).

Andreas Blumauer (Semantic Web Company)
Andreas Meiszner (United Nations University)
Chris Bizer (Free University Berlin)
Chris Taggart (Openly Local)
David Bollier (On the Commons)
Georgia Angelaki (Europeana)
Glyn Moody (Technology Writer)
James Boyle (Center for the Study of the Public Domain at Duke Law School)
Jaron Rowan (FCForum)
Jordan Hacher (Open Data Commons)
Michel Bauwens (P2P Foundation)
Michelle Thorne (Creative Commons)
Nigel Shadbolt (Professor of Artificial Intelligence)
Nina Paley (Artist & Filmmaker)
Pippa Buchanan (School of Webcraft with Mozilla and P2PU)
Richard Stallman (Free Software Foundation)
Rufus Pollock (Open Knowledge Foundation)
Till Kreuzer (iRights)
Tom Lee (Sunlight Foundation)
Wouter Tebbens (Free Knowledge Institute)

Also the draft programme is starting to get shape and will be published very soon.

--
Daniel Dietrich

The Open Knowledge Foundation
www.okfn.org  -  www.opendefinition.org