[open-government] Open Data Manual: updates and next steps

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Sat Apr 9 13:03:09 UTC 2011

On 9 April 2011 10:45, Daniel Dietrich <daniel.dietrich at okfn.org> wrote:
> Hi Rufus,
>
> This is great! Should we move <http://assets.okfn.org/tmp/opendatamanual/index.html> to <http://opendatamanual.org/> soon?

Yes, if people think the approach I have outlined re sphinx and source
repo is good. We could also try a compromise where we load the sphinx
generated html into wordpress (to benefit from the wordpress theming,
widgets, blog etc) but I think this probably more hassle that it is
worth ...

> Also: what exactly would I have to do if I wanted to start a german translation, could we make a small howto wiki page for reference?

See: <http://sphinx.pocoo.org/latest/intl.html> This is for latest
version of sphinx 1.1 which isn't quite yet released but I think we
can manage.

I think starting a wiki page would be excellent. We could start it
here: <http://wiki.okfn.org/Open_Data_Manual>

Rufus