[open-government] Recent success (or failure) stories of LOCAL open data?

M. Fioretti mfioretti at nexaima.net
Sun Apr 10 12:30:50 UTC 2011

On Sun, Apr 10, 2011 10:37:26 AM +0000, Chris Taggart (countculture at gmail.com) wrote:

> There's obviously the publication of spending data over £500 by
> English councils (prob the biggest ever mass publication of local
> open data ever, the aggregation of these on OpenlyLocal
> (http://OpenlyLocal.com/councils/spending ), the subsequent matching
> of these to real-world entities (companies, charities, other
> councils etc --
> http://countculture.wordpress.com/2011/02/23/a-first-look-at-the-council-spending-data-10bn-1-5m-payments-60000-companies/
> ) algorithmically and by visitors to the site.  Can't tell you how
> many positive comments we've had from ordinary users and from
> councils themselves.  Chris

Chris,

thanks for this pointer, will check it in detail tonight. Just one
question for now. Are those positive comments there, in the same page
as the post, or elsewhere? In the first case I'll find them myself,
otherwise pointers are welcome.

--
Online Course for Digital Citizens, because your rights depend on
how software is used *around* you:  http://mfioretti.com/node/129