[open-government] Fwd: Living Labs Global Award 2011 - San Francisco seeks solution for Next Generation of Government

Morgen Peers morgenpeers at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 01:04:18 UTC 2011

hi all

one suggestion i'd offer is:

visualizing expenditures and other data in a network graph where
relationships are encoded.

i think an altered Cytoscape Web code could power this type of dashboard /
survey map. Cytoscape Web is open source and fully alterable.
http://cytoscapeweb.cytoscape.org/

the innovation is:
encoding information about the hierarchy of things in San Francisco in a
powerful and re-usable format (Network File) while concurrently visualizing
data, i.e. expenditures, revenue, etc.

many visualizations/learning resources don't give the viewer something to
take away. this service gives the viewer 3 types of network files and 3
types of image files (SVG, PNG, PDF).

thoughts?

Morgen

Morgen Peers