[open-government] Open Data is the theme for this year's e-Government conference Consegi in Brasília

Augusto Herrmann augusto.herrmann at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 19:50:29 GMT 2011

Hi.

Consegi [1] is a conference on e-Government, society and free
software, sponsored by the brazilian government, that happens yearly
on brazilian captial Brasília. It's a big event that happens every
year, with many international keynote speakers, over a hundred
sessions and thousands of attendees. Each year a particular theme gets
special focus, and this year is Open Government Data. It's due to
happen in May 11st-13rd.

I've made contact with the conference organizers, from Serpro (state
IT public company in Brazil) [2] and we are open to suggestions
regarding possible themes (eg.: open licensing, community
collaboration, software tools, open standards, linked data, etc.) and
international speakers that could be invited.

I'll be attending to the conference (probably will speak about the
initiative that has been started in the Ministry I work for), and if
any of you would come, please drop me an e-mail so we can meet there
in person and share experiences with Open Government Data.

Thanks for the attention and all the best,
Augusto Herrmann

[1] http://www.consegi.gov.br (site not yet updated for the 2011 event)
[2] http://www.serpro.gov.br