[open-government] Plans for http://opengovernmentdata.org/?

Jonathan Gray jonathan.gray at okfn.org
Mon Mar 21 15:11:15 GMT 2011

I would say that this is a high priority right now - so people have a
clearer landing page that:

  *explains what open government data is and why it is interesting
  * links to the open government data bibliography [1] (an update on this soon)
  * links to opendatasearch.org
  * links to lists of catalogues/competitions etc (these need updating!)
  * map showing open government data initiatives around the world
  * list showing upcoming events (can we use an external service for
this and pull in via RSS?)
  * list showing open government data related news
  * pull in #opendata Twitter stream
  * etc

Anyone up for having a bit of a hack session on this in next few weeks?

All the best,

Jonathan

[1] http://ideas.okfn.org/ideas/54/open-government-data-bibliography-project