[open-government] Questions for journalists about what datasets are useful for them?

Christian Kreutz Christian.Kreutz at okfn.org
Wed Mar 23 13:23:07 GMT 2011

Dear Jonathan,

will you provide the results of the survey in this mailing list? I am very
interested as I am preparing these days a course at Darmstadt University on
Data Journalism. Together with other professors we will try to develop a
workflow for journalists how to approach data journalism. Results will be
available in Summer, but unfortunately only in German for the start.
Colleagues told me from previous classes that anything else than XLS files
is yet difficult. So I would ask how data/statistics shall be provided? What
data formats are journalists aware of (CSV/JSON) and which ones do they
prefer to use?

Best Christian
Blog: crisscrossed.net
Twitter: twitter.com/ckreutz