[open-government] Some elections related data opened in Finland

Antti "Jogi" Poikola antti.poikola at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 08:55:11 BST 2011

Hi all,

In the category of media houses the national news paper Helsingin Sanomat
has taken a visible leader position in the Finnish open data movent.

We have parliament elections coming in few weeks. All news papers and other
medias have set up "Vaalikone" (candidate selection advisory application) on
their site where the candidates have answered in various questions.

Helsingin Sanomat announced today that they will publish the Vaalikone -data
openly before the elections. Read Jens Finnäs blog post about it:
http://dataist.wordpress.com/2011/03/28/why-vaalikone-data-wants-to-be-free/

I just wanted to make the announcement and at the same time ask if this kind
of candidate selection surveys are tipical in other countries and if the
data have been published openly elsewhere?

-Jogi