[open-government] Crowdfunding tuderechoasaber.es, a Spanish FOI site

David Cabo david.cabo at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 16:41:05 UTC 2011

 Hi,

 Access Info and I (from Pro Bono Publico, an Open Data Spanish
association) have started a crowdfunding campaign for the launch of
tuderechoasaber.es, an Alaveteli-based Spanish FOI site along the lines of
What Do They Know in the UK.

 Spain doesn't have an access of information law yet, although it's been
promised for years (and as we speak: there are general elections this
Sunday and all parties claim to have transparency in their minds), so the
site's goals are three-fold: a) explain what the access to information
right is all about, which many people still don't know, b) facilitate the
use of the few legal mechanisms that exist (like the Aarhus convention on
environmental information), and c) show the poor current response rate from
public bodies, even when legally forced by the Aarhus convention.

 The campaign site is the following. Any help spreading the news or
sponsoring the site is most welcome:

http://www.goteo.org/project/tuderechoasaber.es/home?lang=en

 Regards, and thanks in advance for your help,

/david

--
David Cabo - Pro Bono Publico
tw: @dcabo