[open-government] Turning Excel logic into web tools?

Jed Miller jmiller at revenuewatch.org
Thu Nov 17 22:40:34 UTC 2011

Dear Colleagues:

As part of our work at Revenue Watch, promoting transparency, good governance and accountability in the management of oil and mining wealth, we are researching the fiscal rules of different countries - the mechanisms developing world governments and others use to collect revenues from "extractive" activity.

Because revenue can be collected in so many ways, involving different agencies and different contingencies like royalty rates, oil price and contract terms, a model of possible revenues involves many dependencies.

If you are familiar with web projects that have used Google or other tools to demonstrate and analyze these sorts of dependencies - in particular tools that allow dynamic update, and user-run scenarios, I would welcome such examples.

To learn more about related work and our work in general, you can check out the links below.

Many thanks and good evening (or night) to all!

Jed

http://www.revenuewatch.org/publications/rwi-analyzes-global-stock-exchanges

http://www.revenuewatch.org/publications/boom-bust-and-better-policy-crisis-lessons-resource-rich-countries

http://www.revenuewatch.org/rwindex