[open-government] New projects on parliamentary transparency?

Rob . rob.02004 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 17:12:44 UTC 2011

Tom,

I've just added http://whoslobbying.com/ to the UK Parliamentary monitoring
entry on the spreadsheet. Who's Lobbying is now storing data on
organisations that have made oral evidence submissions to parliament
committees.

As of this week the site also contains Lords parliament staff declared
interests that make reference to organisations.

In total the site has entries for almost 5,000 distinct organisations and
individuals that have either met a minister, given oral evidence to a
select committee, or are on record as retaining a lobbying consultancy
firm. Almost 2,000 organisations have been matched to wikipedia entries.
This allows data to be grouped by wikipedia categories.

So the site is doing more than just monitoring parliament. Maybe there is
scope for a new category on your spreadsheet?

Regards,
Rob