[open-government] Help needed! Defining open data standards in San Francisco and California

Adriel Hampton adriel at gov20radio.com
Wed Nov 30 16:06:32 UTC 2011

Hello! I am working on an advocacy campaign to get open data standards into
the law in the City of San Francisco and the State of California. Right now
documents and data are often published online in unsearchable and
unstructured formats. The goal of this campaign is to pass very simply
baseline standards mandating structured formats for data and documents
published by the City and State online going forward.

I have had good early success towards bringing on lead sponsors at the City
and State level, and am recruiting endorsements from the open government
data community.

Please endorse the campaign here -
http://www.wiredtoshare.com/structured_open_data_campaign

Also, we are looking for constructive feedback for our briefing document
that is being shared with legislative staff and prospective allies. We want
to create a baseline piece of legislation that is very simple and will hold
up in the long-term as technologies continue to change. The briefing
document is also where I am noting questions, comments and feedback from
legislative staff.

Please provide feedback on the briefing document here -
http://www.wiredtoshare.com/briefing_doc_structured_open_data_sf_ca

Thank you!

Adriel Hampton
Founder/Producer Gov 2.0 Radio