[open-government] About Moscow city administration opendata plans

Ivan Begtin ibegtin at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 20:33:57 BST 2011

Chis,
   yes I am thinking about something simple, open source and that has any
example of installation for open data catalog use. Probably Drupal or
Wordpress, probably CKAN.

Just right now russian government agencies start to think about open data
catalogs and I have a feeling that they could try to avoid this topic hiding
behind ideas that "it's too expensive to do it right now". That's why I am
looking for examples that will be relevant to Moscow city and on Russian
national level.

About OpenlyLocal.com, I watch it for a long time. Yes, it's really
interesting. I really would like to create something similar for Russia, but
we have too centralized government and most municipalities here a very
dependent on country level officials decisions.  Another problem is that we
have 2000 first level municipalities and 22 000 of second level. But we keep
thinking about collecting data about them and OpenlyLocal.com is great
example. Thanks a lot.

--

Best Regards,
  Ivan Begtin