[open-government] Sneak preview of Open Data Handbook v1.0!

Daniel Dietrich daniel.dietrich at okfn.org
Fri Feb 17 13:45:37 GMT 2012

Hi all

Laura Newman just sent this to the open data manual mailing list and I thought this is also interesting to some of you.

Thanks to the hard work of everybody contributing, we are almost ready to announce the launch of v1.0 of the Open Data Handbook! You can take a peek at http://opendatahandbook.org/. The official announcement will be publicised next Tuesday, so keep an eye on the OKFN blog.

Also, be aware that **the name of this mailing list will be changing**. Because of the name change to Open Data Handbook, open-data-manual at lists.okfn.org will become open-data-handbook at lists.okfn.org as of next Tuesday. There is no need to take action now, but if you use filters be aware that you may need to re-set them.

Finally, we would love to get the Open Data Handbook translated into as many languages as possible! We will be doing a big push for translators next week, but if any of you are linguists and would like to get started early, go to https://www.transifex.net/projects/p/opendatahandbook/ and sign up. Instructions can be found http://wiki.okfn.org/Projects/Open_Data_Handbook#Translator.

It's really exciting to see this all coming together, and I look forward to sharing the Open Data Handbook with the world next week. Thanks everyone!!

All the best
Daniel

--

Daniel Dietrich