[open-government] [euopendata] Sneak preview of Open Data Handbook v1.0!

Sören Auer auer at informatik.uni-leipzig.de
Fri Feb 17 15:49:11 UTC 2012

Daniel, all,

Its great to see this progressing! However, its a little unfortunate,
that Linked Data as a means to publish Open Data in a non-proprietary,
machine-readable format does not seem to be mentioned in the current
draft. I think without a standard conforming data representation, which
facilitates data integration (such as RDF and Linked Data) open data is
only a fraction as useful as it could be.

A good input for integrating this aspect into the Open Data manual might
also be Chris' LOD book:

http://linkeddatabook.com/editions/1.0/

Best,

Sören