[open-government] Fwd: Knight civic tech Investments report expanded

Steven Clift clift at e-democracy.org
Tue Mar 4 16:14:09 UTC 2014

Check out:
http://bit.ly/trendsincivictech

And:
http://bit.ly/civictechblogupdate

From: Jon Sotsky, Knight Foundation <web at knightfoundation.org>
Date: Tue, Mar 4, 2014 at 10:07 AM
Subject: Knight civic tech Investments report expanded
To: Steven Clift <clift at e-democracy.org>

           Knight has expanded its report, 'The Emergence of Civic Tech:
Investments in a Growing Field.' Please take a look.
             [image: Knight Foundation]

Dear Steven,

Knight Foundation has just released an expanded version of its report, The
Emergence of Civic Tech: Investments in a Growing
Field<http://bit.ly/trendsincivictech>,
which examines activity and investment in technologies designed to spark
citizen engagement, improve cities and make government more effective.

Building upon the original report released in December 2013, this version
captures an additional 32 organizations and $265 million in private and
philanthropic investment, bringing total investment from 2011 to 2013 to
$695 million. People can explore organizations and investments across
different segments of the civic tech landscape using this *interactive data
visualization tool* <http://bit.ly/trendsincivictech>as well as download
the full data directory<http://knightfoundation.us5.list-manage.com/track/click?u=44a06e103b99cf80e07a2eaad&id=8e34585505&e=9885d653ad>
(Excel
XLSX file) of organization and investment data reflected in the report.

This blog post <http://bit.ly/civictechblogupdate> on our site discusses
the updated report and plans going forward. The feedback and data provided
by peers civic tech proved critical for releasing this more comprehensive
second iteration of the report; we continue to welcome your feedback,
suggestions and questions in the months ahead as we continue expanding the
analysis. Please visit our blog for continued updates, and follow the
discussion on Twitter with
#civictech<http://knightfoundation.us5.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=44a06e103b99cf80e07a2eaad&id=1c838dd275&e=9885d653ad>
.

Best,
Jon

Jonathan Sotsky
Knight Foundation
Director, Strategy & Assessment
              *Copyright © 2014 John S. and James L. Knight Foundation, All
rights reserved.*
Thank you for subscribing to this list at www.knightfoundation.org/signup.

*Our mailing address is:*
John S. and James L. Knight Foundation