[open-government] Idea: General City Council API

Antti Jogi Poikola antti.poikola at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 20:10:24 UTC 2014

Dear all,

thanks for all the links in this before Christmas discussion!

Around the globe people are working in order to open the local decision
making data (agendas, meeting minutes, bills, votes, transcripts, city
council videos etc.) and building standard API's so that the application
developers could create transparency and participation apps.

I believe that the time would be ready for us to pull the efforts a bit
together over two continents.

Vision (draft 0.1):
*Generally recognized and widely used de facto standard API for decision
making data (local / regional / national / other?)*

Two events:
- Transparency Camp ( http://transparencycamp.org/ ), May 30-31,
Washington, DC Area
- OKFestival ( http://2014.okfestival.org/ ), July 15th - 17th Berlin

We can propose a session to one or both of the events or even make a
twin-session.

If you think this would be a good idea, please note your name and aideas on
this planning pad: http://pad.okfn.org/p/okfest_civic_data_API

-Jogi

--
+358 44 337 5439