[open-philosophy] Mockups for OpenPhilosophy.org

Jonathan Gray j.gray at cantab.net
Thu Feb 16 19:25:27 GMT 2012

Thanks Rufus! And useful to see past notes/sketches alongside the
recent mockups.

One thing that Sam and I discussed at length was how we might be able
to meaningfully integrate bibliographic information on secondary
scholarship (e.g. recent monographs and journal articles) *about*
authors and texts which are included in OpenPhilosophy.org.

We concluded that perhaps we should focus on serving up first public
domain texts and data about these texts in the first instance - but
would be good to make sure that the data model we develop is such that
we could do this in future releases of the project.

Also we discussed how we might be able to work alongside existing
transcription projects like Wikisource, Distributed Proofreaders and
others, to make sure we are maximising synergies with these efforts.

Also had lots and lots of other ideas about things we *could* do, but
main thing is decided what we do and don't do for first release. :-)

J.

--
Jonathan Gray
http://jonathangray.org