[openspending-dev] Budget in a box: Request for feedback.

Friedrich Lindenberg friedrich.lindenberg at okfn.org
Mon Feb 13 09:25:21 GMT 2012

Hi all,

over the weekend I've drawn up a new version of the WDMMG site, which
is statically generated from a Jekyll (sorry, Rufus, so much easier)
repository. The point here is not to remake WDMMG but to provide a
sample site which people can fork on GitHub and then customize to get
their own white-label page.

Repo + README: https://github.com/openspending/wheredoesmymoneygo.org
Site: http://staging.wheredoesmymoneygo.org/

If any of you have any feedback on this, I'd greatly appreciate it.
The questions in particular are:

* Is the basic idea made sufficiently clear?
* What further guidance would be needed?
* Should we include the less generalizable widgets that Rufus and Tim
have done (Tax Calculator, Budgetizer) or put them at a different
location?

Please also feel free to file tickets for future enhancements.

Once we feel comfortable with the basic site, I'd like to announce it
on the main list and if there is demand, even do a quick Skype call
about it.

- Friedrich