[wdmmg-discuss] How much does the UK government pay OKFN?

William Waites ww at styx.org
Sat Jul 9 15:35:05 UTC 2011

* [2011-07-09 16:07:38 +0100] Martin Keegan <martin.keegan at okfn.org> écrit:

] Publishing inaccurate data increases the pressure for increased accuracy
] in the future.

Then it really needs to be marked as such. Perhaps something like:

  <blink>
    These data are for demonstration purposes only. Its accuracy
    or completeness is not vouched for by the UK government or the
    Open Knowledge Foundation. If you have any clue how these data
    can be improved or repaired please contact us at...
  </blink>

] We ceratinly need better caveats on the websites; we put some up,
] obviously we didn't do a good enough job.

>From here, http://data.gov.uk/openspending the only text I see on the
page is:

    View all Government expenditure. You can browse by date, spender,
    recipient or amount, by selecting from the headings in the blue
    bar below. You can view spending data for a specific department
    by using the ‘Filter by Department’ drop down
    menu. Use the Search box to find all data related to an individual
    recipient.

If you click through to openspending.org there are no caveats either.

The wiki (About link) also doesn't seem to have any caveats at least
on the front page.

Where are these caveats of which you speak?

-w
--
William Waites                <mailto:ww at styx.org>
http://river.styx.org/ww/        <sip:ww at styx.org>