[annotator-dev] Annotation uri empty in openshakespeare example.

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Fri Aug 5 11:52:51 UTC 2011

On 5 August 2011 12:22, Ewald Zietsman <ewald at siyavula.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to get the annotator to send annotations to a xml-rpc server.
> I'm doing this via the annotator-store by adding the functionality in the
> python backend. I'd like to not only send the textrange but also the actual
> text that was highlighted. Is there an easy way to get the annotator to
> include this in its message (that gets saved)? If not, the uri of the page
> that was annotated should be in the annotation

That is already in the text that gets saved -- in the "quote" field I
believe (though I note this does not preserve html formatting -- for obvious
reasons!).

> that goes into the store, but mine says 'None'.

You have to set the uri yourself when initializing the annotator on that
page -- I guess we could default it to window.location but the point was for
the Service to set the uri so that it could be used as a docid if wanted.
(also means if you move pages around you can still get the right annotations
...)

Rufus

> --
> *
> Ewald Zietsman
>
> Technical Coor**dinator*
> *
> *
> *
> *
> Website: www.siyavula.com
> The Open Innovation Studio, 27 Buitenkant Street, Cape Town, 8001
>
> A Shuttleworth Foundation Seeded Project
> Website: www.shuttleworthfoundation.org

Co-Founder, Open Knowledge Foundation