[annotator-dev] Authenticating a user

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Tue Aug 16 13:36:55 UTC 2011

On 16 August 2011 10:51, Ewald Zietsman <ewald at siyavula.com> wrote:

> Hi,

Before going into the details I wanted to check you've read this page:

<https://github.com/okfn/annotator/wiki/Authentication>

> I want to allow users to log into the annotator-store before they start
> annotating my page. I've added the Auth plugin, but I don't know what to
> make the Auth URL. I'd like to set the Username and account ID in the
> annotation since I'll need to access the information for another purpose.

You'll always need to set the account ID and the username should be set as
part of the auth plugin (see config on Open Shakespeare).

> I have a local store running at localhost:5000 and I've made a user account
> on that. It provided me with user account info but I need to include that
> into my annotations automatically. Any help on how to do this would be much
> appreciated.

See that wiki page for an explanation. The Auth plugin should be doing this
automatically if configured correctly.

Rufus

> --
> *
> Ewald Zietsman
>
> Technical Coor**dinator*
> *
> *
> *
> *
> Website: www.siyavula.com
> The Open Innovation Studio, 27 Buitenkant Street, Cape Town, 8001
>
> A Shuttleworth Foundation Seeded Project
> Website: www.shuttleworthfoundation.org

Co-Founder, Open Knowledge Foundation