[annotator-dev] Annotator

Aron Carroll aron.carroll.lists at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 13:30:32 UTC 2011

Hi Charles,

It's great to hear that you're interested in using the annotator
within your website.

I don't think there are currently any intentions to build a PHP
backend for the annotator however I certainly agree that it would be
extremely useful to have especially for those looking to get up and
running quickly.

We've been working on improving the documentation for the annotator
store but getting a basic backend up and running should be relatively
simple. If you're looking to build you own backend some good places to
start would be the wiki for the store plugin
(http://github.com/okfn/annotator/wiki/Store-Plugin) which describes
the endpoints required and the actual annotation format is described
here, http://github.com/okfn/annotator/wiki/Annotation-format.

I've copied the annotator-dev mailing list in on this message incase
anyone else wants to chip in and feel free to drop me (and the list)
an email if you have further questions.

Cheers,
Aron