[annotator-dev] annotator-full initialisation method

Aron Carroll aron.carroll.lists at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 17:09:06 UTC 2011

Hi all,

Just a quick annotator update. I've spent the day fixing a couple of small
bookmarklet bugs and getting the web broswer test runner up and running
again.

I've also started work on a setup method for the annotator-full.js package.
For those who haven't seen it, it's a single file containing the annotator
and all the officially supported plugins. Despite being packaged in the file
each plugin still need to be initialised manually using
.annotator('addPlugin').

Now calling .annotator('setupPlugins') will do the following.

1. Setup Tag and Filter plugins with sensible defaults.
2. Setup the Markdown plugin if Showdown is present on the page.
3. Setup storage with AnnotateIt if user credentials are supplied.

If there's anything else that you think could be made easier, please let me
know and I'll try and work it in to the plugin.

Cheers,
Aron