[annotator-dev] Permission and filter plugins

Aron Carroll aron.carroll.lists at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 15:47:02 UTC 2011

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for some general feedback on the annotator and the backend store
particularly in regard to use cases for both the filter and permissions
plugins.

Currently the filter plugin allows you to filter out (hide) annotations on
the page that do not match keywords. These filters can be applied to any of
the annotation properties such as content, users, tags etc. There's also
scope to turn it more into an admin bar for managing annotations but I'm not
sure if that should be a separate plugin (or service) all together. Are
there any particular features that you feel are essential for
navigating/managing annotations?

Secondly the users and permissions for the annotator store currently allows
annotations to be set as viewable and editable by either the creator or
anyone. Deletion can only be performed by the creator. We're currently
discussing whether there needs to be more flexibility in setting ownership
of annotations perhaps using groups (or teams) so any thoughts on this would
be appreciated.

Thanks,
Aron