[annotator-dev] Happy to share ideas and knowledge

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Thu Jun 23 16:43:45 UTC 2011

On 23 June 2011 11:28, Johnny Jiang <johnny.nan.jiang at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Rufus,
>
> They seem to be commercial and not open-source.
>
> Is your annotation system mainly used for openshakespear? do you have any
> academic users?

At the moment, for the OKF Open Shakespeare is the main use but we
developed Annotator with specific goal of making it easy for others to
use. Also Annotator is not just an OKF project:

* Annotator this was developed in collaboration with P2PU and Phillip
Schmidt who wish to use it for their courses.
* Mark McGillivray who is collaborating is based at University of
Edinburgh and was developing his own tool previously but we hope to
merge our efforts (@mark: were you developing this for academia)
* I know it has already been tried out for used in an open legislation project

> I'm in progress of enhancing my system, and will try Wordpress +
> annotateit.org once I have time.

Great. Once the plugin is on wordpress.org it should be a 1 minute to
task to install it.

@Andrea: have you yet pushed the plugin to http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/?

Rufus