[annotator-dev] integrating the Annotator with Wordpress

Mark MacGillivray mark at odaesa.com
Fri May 27 20:13:44 UTC 2011

hi Andrea,

thanks for working on the project! However I have some questions
regarding the aim of making annotator a wordpress plugin. I am not
trying to put you off - just discussing!

The annotator code can already quite easily work on any website, it
can be added in with one line of javascript or used as a bookmarklet /
greasemonkey script. What more would you need to do to integrate it
with wordpress than for the plugin just write the necessary line of
javascript in the header?

Also, this might be of interest for you to look at:

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/digressit/

It is a wordpress plugin that enables commenting by paragraph.
However, it is not very flexible to use, and requires a fair bit of
document prep before functioning properly. It is used, for example, at
writetoreply.org.

I do agree that wordpress is a great platform to develop for though,
as it is hugely popular, so I am looking forward to seeing what you
create.

Mark