[annotator-dev] Fwd: annotateit issue

Nick Stenning nick at whiteink.com
Wed Sep 7 16:26:07 UTC 2011

[Forwarding to the list for posterity]

Hi Joyce,

Lucy forwarded me your email. I might be able to help you.

First of all, can you please describe to me, in as much detail as you
can bear, where you wish to use Annotator, and how you wish to store
the annotations locally. Questions that might need answering:

1) Are you on a corporate/educational LAN, or do the annotations need
to be on the internet so they can be accessed from anywhere?

2) Do your annotations need to remain private? Is this why
annotateit.org is unsuitable for your purposes?

3) From previous emails to this list it looks like you want to deploy
an annotation store on Microsoft servers (IIS was mentioned). Are you
certain you need to do this?

4) Do you have developers working for you who are familiar with the
basic technologies of the web: HTTP, XMLHTTPRequest, Javascript?

Best wishes,
Nick