[annotator-dev] Using annotateit

Nick Stenning nick.stenning at okfn.org
Wed Sep 28 15:42:23 UTC 2011

Hi there Joyce,

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you on this one. So, to
respond your two issues separately:

1) Implementation of an Annotator backend on Microsoft/IIS technology.

I'm afraid I can't be of much help here -- I know next to nothing
about IIS and about development of Microsoft systems. That said, the
Annotator protocol is documented at

https://github.com/okfn/annotator/wiki/Storage

See also the documentation for the "Store" plugin -- the piece of
frontend that communicates with the storage API:

https://github.com/okfn/annotator/wiki/Store-Plugin

But, fundamentally, the specification is the code of the Annotator Store, at

https://github.com/okfn/annotator-store

so I suggest your developers look carefully at what this application
does, and what API it exposes to the Annotator.

If you have specific questions about the "wire format" or the REST
API, please do ask on the mailing list and I (or others) will help you
out.

2) Annotations not showing up in "My Recent Annotations" on annotateit.org

I'll look into this and get back to you. If I look at my account I see
all the recent annotations I've made, so I'm not immediately sure
what's going wrong.

Best wishes,
Nick