[annotator-dev] HTTP headers required for annotator-store

Kartik Subbarao subbarao at computer.org
Wed Aug 29 17:56:57 UTC 2012

On 08/25/2012 03:39 AM, Randall Leeds wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 2:14 PM, Kartik Subbarao <subbarao at computer.org> wrote:
>> I wanted to follow up on my posts from last week on the fluidinfo backend
>> store.
>
> Very cool! That FluidInfo perl library looks very smooth.
>
> I wonder if there's more that can be done to decompose the data to add
> more information to the FI namespace. I'll have to look harder at FI.

Thanks Randall. Do feel free to post any followup thoughts/suggestions
you might have on this.

>> Also, the HTTP response to the OPTIONS command doesn't seem to be documented
>> on the storage API page:
>>
>> https://github.com/okfn/annotator/wiki/Storage
>
> That's because these headers are dictating by the Cross Origin
> Resource Sharing spec [0].
[...]
> This could be better documented.

Yeah :-) For a prospective backend-store developer, it's nice if all of
the methods that need to be provided are listed in one place, even if
some of them are briefly mentioned and reference other documents like
the CORS spec.

> Meanwhile, I've been scheming a bit more about auth in general.
[...]

Thanks for the info. Auth is probably the next big piece to implement
for this backend.

>> Here too, I used the annotator-store code as a reference and just copied
>> what it was doing.
>
> That works :). Thanks for doing this. You should add it to the storage
> implementations section on https://github.com/okfn/annotator/wiki.

Done!

	-Kartik