[annotator-dev] data storage location and policies

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Mon Jan 16 14:25:44 UTC 2012

On 19 December 2011 10:53, Martin John Callanan <m at greyisgood.eu> wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I've been trying Annotator out, and am really impressed when running
> in on a WP site -- and now plan to use it as part of writing over
> three years. As the annotations are going to be important to me, I'm
> keen to know were the data is stored and under what terms. I couldn't
> find this info online. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Very good question: we need to provide an SLA (or not) for
AnnotateIt.org (which is where you annotations are currently stored).
I also note you can easily get a backup (though this should be more
clearly documented!)

> Is there an option of running Annotator locally (i.e. I'm only
> interested in annotation one website)?

Not easily -- though if you always used the same browser one could try
using LocalStorage (I believe a plugin for LocalStorage is in
progress)

Rufus

> best regards

Co-Founder, Open Knowledge Foundation