[annotator-dev] open shakespeare and finals club

Nick Stenning nick at whiteink.com
Tue Jul 10 07:28:39 UTC 2012

Dear Andrew & James (& Annotator dev listees),

Well, the change that needs to happen is that the Store plugin
'loadFromSearch' feature needs to take into account the 'total' field,
which gives the total number of annotations matching the query.

The search endpoint accepts 'offset' and 'limit' parameters, and these
can be used to page through all available annotations. A good
implementation of this would ensure that the loading was asynchronous,
didn't lock up the browser, and perhaps displayed some kind of loading
indicator.

Sadly, a fundamental limitation of Annotator's storage model (fixed by
TEXTUS) is that we can't sort annotations by position-in-document, so

If David is able to submit a pull request for the Store plugin (with
tests) I will happily review, merge, and deploy the updated code to
OpenShakespeare. If he (or anyone else) does start work, please ask
him to fire an email to me (or, better, this list) so we don't
accidentally duplicate effort.

Best wishes,
Nick