[annotator-dev] Add ids to annotators

Jamie M Folsom jfolsom at MIT.EDU
Tue Jul 24 18:43:55 UTC 2012

Neglected to edit the subject line on my response. Here it is again.

+++
Great to know that it's possible to customize the user experience with event
hooks. That might suggest a CUSTOMIZING.markdown to complement the open
shakespeare example implementation -- something for those who aren't building
a new plugin but want to do something beyond configure existing plugins. Does
that seem like it would be useful? If so, I'm glad to take it on, as I learn
what should go in it ;-)

I also agree that it seems generally useful to have the annotation-hl-{#id} on
each annotation.

Curious if I am on the right track to the latter with these changes to
Annotator.coffee:

https://github.com/hyperstudio/annotator/blob/master/src/annotator.coffee#L288
https://github.com/hyperstudio/annotator/blob/master/src/annotator.coffee#L310
https://github.com/hyperstudio/annotator/blob/master/src/annotator.coffee#L429