[annotator-dev] Looking at Fluidinfo as a possible backend for Annotate

Randall Leeds tilgovi at hypothes.is
Thu Jul 26 20:46:54 UTC 2012

Dan and I have actually talked to Neil Levine (cc'd) about storing
annotations on FluidInfo. I can't speak for him, but I suspect he'd really
like to see it  :-)

For myself, I'd really like to experiment with separating the backed store
from the API in annotator-store. For example, to support storing
annotations in a SQL DB, doing pub/sub through redis and full-text indexing
in ElasticSearch (simultaneously). So I'd be very interested to see
anything you come up with in order to better understand the range of
capabilities provided by different storage choices in an attempt to define
an appropriate, coherent API that supports a superset of the features
enabled by the various data stores.