[annotator-dev] Annotator in the wild

Andrew@FinalsClub.org andrew at finalsclub.org
Mon Jun 4 21:58:49 UTC 2012

Sorry to hear that, Aaron.

Perhaps he views it as competition?  They are actively trying to develop their project, particularly since this post went up:

http://futureoftheinternet.org/help-pioneer-casebook-the-next-generation

Help pioneer Casebook: The Next Generation
May 2nd, 2012  |  by jz  |  Published in Future of the Internet

We at the H2O project are seeking a full-time Project Manager. H2O is an online platform for textbook development and distribution, currently in a pilot stage. H2O is based on the open source model – instead of locking down materials in formalized textbooks, we believe that course books can be free (as in free speech) for everyone to access and, equally important, build upon.

Using H2O, professors can freely pull together materials for a course by selecting cases, editing those cases to the sections that are most relevant, and grouping them into readings. Once the materials are assembled, they can be copied in part or in whole by other interested faculty and then edited further.  H2O has been successfully piloted in JZ’s 1L Torts class, and will be rolling out further over the coming year.

H2O’s project manager will play a leading role in shepherding H2O into its next phase, which will focus on developing new materials and incorporating additional features, in order to expand the platform beyond its law school roots.

H2O is a  joint project of the Berkman Center for Internet & Society and the Harvard Law School library.  The Project Manager will be housed at the HLS Library and work in close collaboration with lead members of the Library Innovation Lab team; he/she will also work closely with the Berkman Center and current H2O teams. More info and job posting here.