[annotator-dev] Call to the annotation community

Andrew@FinalsClub.org andrew at finalsclub.org
Mon Mar 5 17:03:56 UTC 2012

Dear Annotator Devs Everywhere,

Along with Nick and Rufus, I've been very pleased to see all the interest in Annotator from around the globe.  From San Francisco to Vienna and in both Cambridges, we've see exciting developments in the ecosystem of annotation.   All the activity in our repo and elsewhere even prompted this manifesto.

Since there are many of us in a range of time zones, I have created the following doodle survey to help us arrange a time to talk.  If you are interested in attending our virtual meeting (likely over skype or other means if necessary), please cast your vote for the best time here during the next month:

http://www.doodle.com/wy8meurt57sknp37

Last but not least, below is a tentative agenda based on the discussion that has circulated on this list.

I look forward to (virtually) meeting all of you.  Please let me know if you have any questions, comments, or concerns.

Cheers,
Andrew Magliozzi
Founder, FinalsClub.org

Tentative Agenda:
[Other items are welcome]

Upcoming Development Roadmap for Annotator and Annotator Store
Discuss collaborating / integrating with yuma-js
Update about Hypothes.is, FinalsClub.org, & Textus.com plans / development
Discuss functionality of the annotator UX and plan improvements
Discuss adopting the unified annotation specs from Open Annotation Collaboration and Annotation Ontology (after March 15th)