[annotator-dev] How to use AnnotateIt.org with Store plugin

Kunal Kadakia kadakiakunal at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 03:49:19 UTC 2012

Hi Nick,
I would like to store the annotations in annnotateit.org without having to
log in to my annotateit.org account. In this way, I can have any user go to
the page, create an annotation and store it in my annotateit.org account.
Is this possible?

Earlier, I was using "setupPlugins" to get all the plugins. But, I don't
want all the plugins at this point. Thus, I initialize the annotator in the
standard way:

var content = $('#content').annotator();

and then, add a plugin in the following way:

content.annotator('addPlugin', 'Unsupported');

In case of the Store plugin, I am not sure how I should add it? Should it
be:

content.annotator('addPlugin','Store', {
prefix: 'http://annotateit.org/api'
});

I visited the above URL and it seems to be valid.

I am sure I will need to use the Auth/Permissions along with the Consumer
key/secret pair. But, it is a bit difficult to infer it from the
documentation.

A small code snippet would be really helpful. In parallel, I am also
documenting every development step that I am undertaking with the annotator
so that it can be a good reference guide for the future.

- Kunal