[annotator-dev] Internet Explorer Support for AnnotateIt

Nick Stenning nick.stenning at okfn.org
Thu May 31 10:40:37 UTC 2012

On 2012-05-31 11:12, Liam Sheerin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wanted to ask whether there were any plans to add Internet Explorer
> support to AnnotateIt? We love the product but have to have IE support
> in order to use it.

Hi there Liam,

So, IE support is (as you've presumably gathered) not something we've
been terribly focused on throughout most of Annotator's development.
That said, Annotator now makes small allowances towards "lesser
browsers", and combined with the steps the IE team themselves have been
making towards better standards compliance, I believe Annotator (as of
release v1.2.4, which I made a few minutes ago) should now more-or-less
support IE >= 7.

If you want to test v1.2.4, which is available both from the downloads
section of GitHub and our CDN:

  https://github.com/okfn/annotator/downloads

  http://assets.annotateit.org/annotator/v1.2.4/annotator.min.js
  http://assets.annotateit.org/annotator/v1.2.4/annotator-full.min.js