[annotator-dev] Getting results from "search" request to display

Gary Theilman gtheilman at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 18:02:34 UTC 2012

I'm trying to setup a store for annotator.js on my school's server.

So far, I've been able to get CREATE, UPDATE and DELETE to work without
problems.

However, I'm not able to get annotations retrieved with SEARCH to show up
on the screen.

The JSON I'm getting back from the SEARCH request is

{"rows":[{"quote":"Line
1","annotator_schema_version":"v1.0","ranges":{"start":"\/p","endOffset":6,"end":"\/p","startOffset":0},"updated":"2012-11-19T11:56:55.123456","text":"This
is the first line","id":62,"created":"2012-11-19T11:56:55.123456","uri":"https:\/\/pharmd.umc.edu\/shared\/annotator\/test.htm"}],"total":1}

which looks like the proper format.  Firebug recognizes it as JSON and
is displaying "rows" and "totals" as keys.   I can go ahead and
create, update and delete new annotations, but they no longer appear
once the page is refreshed (although they are added as rows to the
JSON when the page subsequently reloads).

The sample I set up is at

https://pharmd.umc.edu/shared/annotator/test.htm

If anyone could take a moment and tell me what I'm doing wrong (I'm
sure it must be something simple), I would be very grateful.

--

Gary D. Theilman
gtheilman at gmail.com