[annotator-dev] Dedicated organization on Github for Annotator and associated code!

Randall Leeds tilgovi at hypothes.is
Sun Nov 25 02:42:28 UTC 2012

On Thu, Nov 22, 2012 at 12:07 PM, Nick Stenning <nick at whiteink.com> wrote:

> My initial inclination here would be to say no, but let's have a
> community-managed website that collects all the work around Annotator in a
> slightly more focused fashion than does the current GitHub wiki.

Where/how should we start? Should we use annoateit.org and feature some
community information there?

> Lots of people link to Annotator where it currently is, and it's already
> moved once. Let's not break all those links and all that "heritage" all
> over again.

Do you think they link to okfnlabs.org/annotator? github.com/okfn/annotator?
annotateit.org? The github link is the only one that has to move if we did
this.

If we start finding ourselves with a good set of community plugins that are
being used by more than their original authors, and we end up in a
situation where maintenance is made easier by sharing it more collectively,
we can try the Pylons-style org commons, but I don't see a strong need for
it right now. On the other hand, it doesn't get easier to do this. I'm +0.